Call (866) 471-8869 for FREE Consultation
Top 10 Celebrity Hair Transplants
One of the latest advancements in cosmetic hair restoration is hair transplant surgery. Men and women everywhere have recently begun turning to hair transplant surgery to encourage permanent hair regrowth on areas where they've experienced hair loss. While the method of hair transplants has been around since the '60s and '70s, the process has recently become more refined, using smaller hair grafts to produce a more natural-looking hairline.
How Does Hair Transplant Surgery Work?
In the past, hair transplants used large chunks of hair to graft onto balding areas, resulting in obvious, patchwork-like hair regrowth. Today, hair transplant surgeons make use of micro-grafts or follicular unit transplantation to provide more precise and effective treatments for hair loss. Modern hair transplant surgery uses donor hair from the back and sides of a patient's head, where hair is more resistant to balding, to implant into thinning areas. The micro-graft implants are usually comprised of follicular units with 1-4 hairs, which is similar to the way hair is grouped naturally on the scalp. By implanting and reproducing healthy hair units, hair transplant surgeons can create a fuller, younger-looking hairline using the patient's own natural hair.
Hair Transplant Surgery in Hollywood
While celebrity plastic surgery is always a hot topic in our society, it's often harder to tell which celebrities have undergone hair transplant surgery as opposed to which ones have gotten a nose job. This is partly because most celebrities deny undergoing cosmetic enhancement of any kind, but mostly because various methods of hair restoration are easier to disguise than the alteration of facial and body features. There are also many hair loss treatments available on the market today, so it's possible these celebrities have tried or combined several hair loss treatment options to achieve their results. Current hair loss treatment methods include laser hair restoration, hair transplant surgery, topical hair loss solutions, and artificial hair pieces and toupees.
With the present difficulty in determining which celebrities have used what, our list of Top 10 Celebrity Hair Transplants includes male celebrities who've revealed drastic hairline makeovers in recent years. It is these sudden and obvious improvements to their famous hairdo's that make them probable hair transplant surgery success stories.
Top 10 Celebrity Hair Transplants
- Joe Biden: The new Vice President's hair transplant surgery was a hot topic of discussion during the final months of the 2008 presidential election.
- Nicholas Cage: This star's newly plentiful hairline speaks of a very well-done hair transplant surgery.
- Matt Lauer: Longtime host of the Today Show, Matt Lauer's hairline has been under the spotlight for years; giving the public witness to his bald-to-beautiful hair makeover.
- Matthew McConaughey: This female-friendly actor and his new-and-improved hairline have made him an inspiration to the hair loss community.
- Wade Boggs: Baseball-Hall-of-Famer Wade Boggs has received attention lately for his successful hair transplant surgery, rather than for his former batting skills.
- Dennis Miller: This comedian made sure his hairline was no longer a punchline, after transforming it with hair transplant surgery.
- Mel Gibson: Heartthrob actor Mel Gibson probably chose hair transplant surgery to help maintain his A-list status as well as his formerly plentiful mane.
- Burt Reynolds: Idolized since the 70s for being the epitome of swaggering, hairy masculinity, Burt Reynolds turned to hair transplant surgery in his later years to keep his thick locks up to par.
- Mickey Rourke: This star and comeback artist has been under scrutiny in the past for the plastic surgery work he's had done. But now, a welcome addition to that list is hair transplant surgery, likely evidenced in recent pics of his subtly re-emerging hairline.
- Kevin Costner: Actor Kevin Costner, now in his 50s, is reported to have used hair transplant surgery to supplement his previously thinning mane.
Other male celebrities rumored to have undergone hair transplant surgery include Sylvester Stallone, Brendan Fraser, Charlie Sheen, Christian Slater and Michael Keaton. Whether hair transplant surgery alone was the secret for these stars and their suddenly lusher hairlines, or whether it was a combination of hair restoration treatments, we may never know. However, if you are currently dealing with male pattern baldness or unsightly hair loss, we do know there are proven treatments available near you. To learn more about whether you're a candidate for hair loss treatments or hair transplant surgery, it's best to consult with a hair restoration expert in your area.