Call (866) 471-8869 for FREE Consultation
Ranking the Best Hair Thickening Shampoos
Who wouldn’t love a thick, gorgeous mane of healthy hair? Many men and women who long for a thicker head of hair are stuck with fine or thin hair that lacks body and volume. The good news is that you don’t have to take those fine, thin locks sitting down. With many effective volumizing and thickening shampoos on the market today, a fuller head of hair may be just a shower away. Take a look at the products Hair Loss Specialists found to help you get the thicker head of hair you always wanted.
What is Hair Thickening Shampoo?
All hair shampoos are designed to clean the hair; removing dirt and particles that get into the hair and scalp. When these substances are removed, more space remains between each individual strand of hair. Thickening shampoo plumps these individual strands so that it takes up more space on the head. This process gives the appearance of a thicker head of hair, even though the actual strand count does not change in the slightest.
Because hair thickening shampoo has a slightly different job than other types of hair products, there are a few important ingredients that are needed to do the job right. These ingredients include:
- Protein – Probably the most important ingredient to be found in a hair thickening shampoo, protein fortifies the hair so that it can attract moisture more readily. When hair is moisturized, it swells and gives a plumper appearance. Protein is also important because it prevents hair from becoming weak and brittle, which can result in thinner hair without much bounce or volume.
- Panthenol – This vitamin from the B-complex family is important for both skin and hair, because it adds elasticity and luster. Panthenol has been found to increase hair volume by up to 10 percent, simply by restoring natural moisture to hair strands. When panthenol and protein are combined into a single formula, hair thickening results can be very positive.
- Keratin – Keratin is a special kind of protein that is especially significant in the health of your hair. This substance keeps hair shiny and healthy, which can give the impression of more fullness as well. Keratin also helps lock moisture into hair strands, an important step in maintaining the look of fullness over time.
The best hair thickening shampoos will provide a good combination of these ingredients. Some might also add botanicals, amino acids, and other nutrients to ensure thicker hair is also healthier, shinier hair.
And the Winner Is…
Some of the best hair thickening shampoos do not have to cost a fortune, and can be found right at your neighborhood drugstore. Top rated hair thickening shampoos include:
- Pantene Pro-V – This popular drugstore product comes in a Full & Thick Collection that gives hair more volume, while providing additional bounce and shine. The formula contains panthenol, as well as the vitamin complex the Pro-V line is known for. At around $4 a bottle, Pantene may get the gold star for value in a hair thickening shampoo.
- Redken for Men Densify Thickening Shampoo for Thinning Hair – Women aren’t the only ones looking for a thicker head of hair, and Redken is answering the call from men with this specialized formula just for them. The product is recommended for men with thinning hair, because ingredients in the formula stimulate the scalp while providing hair strands with necessary nutrition and support.
- Nexxus Diametress Luscious Hair Thickening Shampoo – Nexxus has a reputation for high quality hair products at a reasonable price, and this product is no different. Loaded with panthenol and proteins, users find this shampoo provides much needed volume while leaving hair soft and manageable.
When it comes to finding the best hair thickening shampoo for you, the process may take some trial and error, since everyone’s hair responds differently to individual formulas. By searching for the ingredients listed here and reading reviews from previous users, you can find a simple product to add volume, bounce and shine to your daily do.
Remember, in the long run, hair loss shampoos can only help for a little while. For a permanent solution to thinning hair, greater measures will need to be taken. To learn more about modern hair regrowth and hair transplant options, you can schedule a free consultation with a hair loss specialist near you!